Given the current global spread of the novel coronavirus pneumonia (COVID-19), Xi'an, capital city of Northwest China's Shaanxi province, has introduced containment measures for the inspection and quarantine of overseas travelers entering or returning to Xi'an with a view to effectively curbing its cross-border transmission.
1. Overseas travelers entering or returning to Xi'an should take the initiative to report and register with community (village) and working units and truthfully carry out identity verifications and health declarations to ensure that the information is complete, detailed and accurate.
2. Hotels and house lessors should have a comprehensive understanding of the accommodation history and health status of all accommodation staff within a period of 14 days. If anyone is found to have entered Xi'an from abroad, they should report to the town, sub-district or village where they are located.
3. Overseas travelers entering or returning to Xi'an should cooperate in implementing prevention and control measures, such as centralized or home isolation for 14 days.
4. Towns, sub-districts, communities and health departments should provide health services for overseas travelers entering or returning to Xi'an.
5. Please consciously abide by China's laws, regulations and rules on epidemic prevention and control and you will face your legal responsibilities if you violate them.
Xi'an epidemic prevention and control headquarters office
March 12, 2020